Monday, September 29, 2008

Prayers Helped with Surgery

4:30 p.m.

The surgeon just called and said the surgery went well and they found just what they had expected. He said her osteoporosis has made her bones very soft so they are making a back brace to add stability for now. I forgot to ask him how many vertebrae were included in the fusion/steel rods but will find out later. I am thankful that they're putting her in ICU for now. Being here at the University of Virginia Medical Center is also reassuring to me because of their experience and the resources at hand. Thank you for your prayers.

Pastor Bob arrived before Mother went down to the prep area and we both went with her. I enjoyed talking to him for over an hour until Ed arrived, then the three of us had a pleasant lunch out on the patio.

Ahhhh, I will be able to sleep tonight - especially since my "Angel Man" is here. He needed to see his doctor this morning regarding his CAT scan last week. He is going to have a PET scan this week - I'm trying not to worry.....

Hunter and Mary Margaret Hollar, my cousins, helped me out this weekend. Besides letting me use their condo, they came over, cooked for me, visited Mother, and gave me rides so I could stay after dark (Their condo is a 10 minute walk away), but most of all, they just "took care of me." God bless them both!

8:00 a.m.
Mother will go down to surgery prep about 9:30. The surgery will be about 10:30 and will last about 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment