Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Resting

Mother is coming along, with all her vitals as they should be. They're moving her from ICU into a "step-down" room this afternoon. In a few days, she'll go into a regular room again. The therapists have already been there and had her to sit on the edge of the bed. After them getting her up with some discomfort, she was able to sit upright on her own.

She opened her eyes when we talked to her and had a short conversation. She had told the nurse she didn't have pain and, just as I expected, when I asked her if she hurt, she said she did. Ed explained that as a Southern lady, she wouldn't want to cause the nurse extra work so she denied pain. The nurse immediately got something and added it to her IV. She nodded off in about 5 minutes.

I'm now going to have a long nap.......I am really beat and I admit it (for a change).

Thank you to all our family and friends for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment