Friday, October 31, 2008

Some Progress in Therapy

Mother was pretty confused today trying to find out how to get to the Wellness Center and when to go. I patiently explained to her that she was in HHRC and the therapists will come for her. She said in her OP session she had to put clothespins on a rod and it felt like there was creme? on them so she only did 3. Her confusion is interesting because the first part of a sentence will be perfectly lucid but the second part is s-t-r-a-n-g-

I went and talked to Pam, her other therapist who said she did very well and she was pleased that Mom leaned forward better than she ever has. That's the first step towards getting up. Also, she observes that Mother is able to tolerate being in a chair much longer at a time AND that she hasn't mentioned pain today!

When Brother Philip was here, he sweet-talked the right people and finally Mother got a man therapist named Phil. Phil was taking her to therapy as we were leaving. He's very dedicated......Philip and Maribeth sent him a thank you note and a gift card for Outback. He REALLY appreciated the card but they're absolutely not allowed to accept anything like that. Hey, wanna go to Outback tonight? I'm buying!

This is sounding like a sob story - Meanwhile, I had my flu shot on Monday and it was the very first time that my arm didn't get sore. On Wednesday I woke up with a knot the size of a pea behind my ear and pain down my neck. By Thursday, both ears and down the sides of my neck were hurting. I called my doctor and he thinks it's a reaction to my flu shot and will take several days to go away. The knot is smaller and the pain of sort of better - my ears feel stopped up, too.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "If it ain't one thing, it's another!"

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment