Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update on Mom & Levi May Hits JMU!

Mother's doing better. She's quite lucid with only small lapses into her imagination and her speech is clearer. The plan was to transfer her to the skilled nursing unit of VMRC (Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community) today but her salt level dropped last evening. So, it might be tomorrow ....or when the doctor feels she's ready. Tomorrow makes 6 weeks in the hospital.

My sister-in-law, Maribeth, is here from Texas - helped move Levi Walker May into his freshman dorm at J.M.U. (my old stomping grounds) yesterday. She's going to spend 2 days with Mother - to try to motivate her to exercise more.......and to give me a break. I've been at this daily visit routine since March.

p.s. I thought it would be nice to have my nephew nearby but have been advised that the only drawing card will be a home-cooked meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment